Get your #MeatlessMonday on with this simple Skillet Potatoes with Peppers and Garlic Recipe. Sometimes I serve this as the main dish and other times I serve this as a side dish. So many options and they are up to you!
Looking for more potato recipes? There are TONS on the blog! Simply type “potatoes” into the search bar on the right hand side of the page.
Skillet Potatoes with Peppers and Garlic
- 1 lbs. baby potatoes, cut in 1/2
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- A pinch of sea salt
- 3 garlic cloves, diced
- 1/4 tsp. onion powder
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 12 multicolored baby bell peppers, thinly sliced
- In a medium-sized bowl toss together potatoes with 2 tbs. olive oil, salt, onion powder and pepper.
- Heat large skillet over medium heat.
- Add 2 tbs. olive oil and heat
- Add onions and sautéed for 3 minutes or until flavorful and translucent
- Add the peppers and the fresh garlic and sautéed until fragrant, 1-2 minutes
- Add potatoes to the pan and stir to combine.
- Cover and cook until potatoes are tender, about 12 minutes, stirring 1/2 way through cooking time.
- Remove cover and increase heat to medium-high heat
- Cook the potatoes to lightly browned on the outsides, stirring occasionally for about 6 minutes.
- Season with more salt and pepper to taste.